How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Microsoft Office Excel 2003 hotfix package that is dated February 29, 2004.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Note This hotfix is included in Microsoft Office Excel 2007. However, you still must enable the hotfix by following the steps in the "More Information" section.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Excel.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: Excel 2003: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options
Excel 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type QFE_Boston, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click QFE_Boston, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.