You do not have to delete an inaccessible account. However, if an account still receives frequent notification messages, you may want to delete it.
You can preserve your current valid account and the workspaces so that you can restore them after you delete the local data. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Save and restore data by using multiple computersIf you have two computers available, the easiest and most complete way to preserve your data is to use the multiple computers method. When you use this method, you copy the account and the workspaces onto a second computer. Then, you clean the account and the workspaces off the computer that has the old account. Then, you restore the account and the workspaces to the first computer.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Consult the Groove Help file for instructions about how to use the account on another computer.
Note These instructions vary depending on the version of Groove that you are using. Follow the instructions that are included with your version of Groove.
- On the second computer, fetch all the workspaces, and then confirm that those fetches are complete.
Note If you use file download limits, and if you might have the only copy of a particular file, make sure that the file was transferred to the new computer. For more information about file download limits, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Save the account on the second computer.
- Clean the Groove data off the first computer. For more information about how to use GrooveClean.exe to delete Groove data, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 907854 How to use GrooveClean.exe to delete Groove data
- On the first computer, start Groove, select Use an existing account, and then import the account from the second computer.
- Fetch all the workspaces to the first computer.
Method 2: Save the account and the workspaces that you want to backup filesYou can save the account and the workspaces that you want to backup files.
Note Make sure that you save those workspaces in which you are the only member. For more information about how to preserve and to restore data by using backup files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Номер статьи: 916375 — последний просмотр: 22 янв. 2008 г. — редакция: 1