- You have a distribution group that contains external mail contacts on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange.
- You send an email message to the distribution group.
- The header of the email message does not specify a return path.
In this scenario, some members of the distribution group may not receive the email message. Additionally, you do not receive a non-delivery report (NDR).
In this example, the recipient server rejects the email message because the message does not have a return path.
Most frequently, the email message does not have a return path if both the ReportToManager and ReportToOriginator distribution group attributes are set to False, as follows:
Get-DistributionGroup firstname.lastname@example.org | FL *report*
ReportToManagerEnabled : False
ReportToOriginatorEnabled : False
- ReportToOwner (the manager of the distribution group)
- ReportToOriginator (the originator of the email message)
To make this setting, set one of these attributes to True on the on-premises object (depending on the desired behavior), and allow for MMSSPP replication to the Microsoft Exchange Online environment.
ID článku: 2618599 – Posledná kontrola: 26. 11. 2014 – Revízia: 1