- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2740358 MS12-058: Vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server WebReady document viewing could allow remote code execution: August 14, 2012
Note The Update Rollup 7 is a post cumulative update of Rollup 6. For a list of the issues that are resolved in Rollup 6, please see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2608646.
Update rollup information To download and install Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, visit the following Microsoft Update website:
Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To use this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
- Deploy Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to Mailbox servers that are part of a DAG.
The file is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer only if the computer is in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, click to select the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box again.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, visit the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, visit the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 before you apply this update rollup.
The required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove update 2743248.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID článku: 2743248 – Posledná kontrola: 14. 8. 2012 – Revízia: 1