Another way to change the security mode after installation is to stop SQL Server and set the appropriate registry key for your installation:
Note The 0 and 2 values have the same functionality. They both set the security to mixed-mode.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To set this key to mixed-mode, follow these steps:
- Stop SQL Server and all related services, such as SQLAgent, from the Services control panel.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
- Find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE window on the local computer.
- Navigate to the following registry key for the default instance:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\MSSqlServer
- Navigate to the following registry key for a named instance:HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Name\MSSQLServer\LoginMode
- On the right-hand pane, find the value LoginMode and double-click it.
- In the DWORD Editor window, set the value to 0 or 2. Also, make sure that the Hex radio button is selected.
- Click OK.
Note When you change the default login authentication mode from Windows NT authentication to SQL authentication, we recommend that you change the sa password to a strong password.
For more information about how to change the SQL Server sa password, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
REFERENCESFor more information about using Windows Installer if you are customizing set up for SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID článku: 285097 – Posledná kontrola: 19. 6. 2014 – Revízia: 1