Printing with IPPYou can install an IPP client from the Add-on folder located on the Windows Millennium Edition (Me) CD-ROM.
The IPP client supports the industry-standard IPP version 1.0 protocol that enables your computer to print by means of the Internet. With the IPP client, a computer that is running Windows Me can print to any IPP-enabled printer or to a printer that is running on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based print server by means of the Internet.
The Microsoft IPP 1.0 client uses standard Internet protocols (for example, Hypertext Transfer Protocol [HTTP] on Transmission Control Protocol [TCP] port 80), so you do not have to change your proxy or firewall configuration. If you can browse to the print server, you can also use IPP to print to the print server.
Installing the IPP ClientTo install the IPP client:
- Open the Add-on folder that is located on the Windows Me CD-ROM, and then double-click wpnpins.exe.
- When the installation is finished, click OK to restart your computer.
Using the IPP ClientYou can connect to a printer by means of IPP by using one of the following methods:
Method 1: Connect from a BrowserTo connect from a browser:
- In your browser, go to the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the printer that you want to connect to.
- Under Printer Actions, click Connect.
Method 2: Connect from the Add Printer WizardTo connect from the Add Printer Wizard:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- Click Add Printer, and then click Next.
- Click Network Printer, and then click Next.
- Enter the URL of the printer (for example, http://servername/printers/myprinter), and then click Next.
- Select the manufacturer and model of the printer that you are connecting to, and then click Next.
- Click Yes to print a test page if you want, and then click
- Click Finish.
ID článku: 294439 – Posledná kontrola: 19. 6. 2014 – Revízia: 1