This update of Microsoft Azure Backup includes improvements to provide more detailed information about the stage of backup and more actionable error messages. A few examples of this include reporting errors about incorrectly-specified cache-folder location and providing write-permissions to the recovery target location. Additionally, Azure Backup can now detect and apprise users of any unsupported configurations, thereby preventing associated backup errors.
Upgrade notification improvements
With this update, we enable ease of discovery and installation of future releases of the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services (MARS) Agent.
Issues that are fixed
- Fixes an issue that leads to un-optimized incremental backups in certain scenarios.
- Fixes an issue that prevents the MARS Agent from working on Windows Technical Preview builds.
- Fixes an issue that prevents correct cataloging of files in large data-sources and stalling backup operations.
- Fixes issues in order to improve the stability and reliability of both backups and recoveries that use the MARS Agent.
Applies toOffline Backups performed by using this update of the MARS Agent.
SymptomsOn running the Microsoft Azure Import/Export Tool for transferring backup data from staging location to a disk, text similar to either of the following appears as part of the logs printed by the tool:
[Date][Info] Excluding file <Staging Location>\<BlobID>_SpanningDataBlob as its size (1099668288000) exceeds the maximum (1099511627776) allowed for Page Blob.Or
[Date][Info] Excluding file <Staging Location>\<BlobID>_BaseBlob as its size (1099668288000) exceeds the maximum (1099511627776) allowed for Page Blob.
ResolutionTo fix the issue follow these steps:
Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restorationin case problems occur.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Azure Backup\DbgSettings\OnlineBackup
- Press and hold (or right-click) Configuration, select New, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new registry entry as TimeBetweenCheckpoints.
- Double-click the TimeBetweenCheckpoints registry entry.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, enter 0 in the Value data field, and then select OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Open MARS Agent.
- Delete the associated backup-policy from the MARS Agent.
- Delete the contents of the staging location.
- Select Schedule Backup on the MARS Agent.
- Create a new backup-policy with the Offline Backup option.
- Perform the steps associated with Offline Backups as usual.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Note The latest version of the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services agent is 2.0.9037.0.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update 3146941 .
PrerequisitesIf you use System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager (DPM), apply Update Rollup 10 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager or a later version after you install this update for the Azure Backup agent.
ID článku: 3162327 – Posledná kontrola: 14. 6. 2016 – Revízia: 1