- The Send command is unavailable.
- The E-mail command is missing.
Method 1: Change the default e-mail program to OutlookTo have us change the the default e-mail program to Outlook for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To change the default e-mail program to Outlook yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To change the default e-mail program to Outlook automatically, click the Fix this problemlink. Click
File Downloaddialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfTo change the default e-mail program to Outlook yourself, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab.
- In the E-mail box, select Microsoft Outlook.
- Click OK.
Method 2: Verify the registry settingsImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Close all programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem
- Locate the following registry values. Typically, these values are listed in the Windows Messaging Subsystem key.
Name Type Data MAPI REG_SZ 1 CMC REG_SZ 1 CMCDLLNAME REG_SZ Mapi.dll CMCDLLNAME32 REG_SZ Mapi32.dll MAPIX REG_SZ 1 MAPIXVER REG_SZ 18.104.22.168 OLEMessaging REG_SZ 1
- If any of these registry values are missing, follow these steps to add the values:
- Click the Windows Messaging Subsystem subkey, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click String Value.
- Type the name of the missing value, and then press ENTER.
- Click the new value, and then click Modify on the Edit menu.
- In the Edit String dialog box, type the correct value for the missing string value in the Value data box.
- Repeat steps 6a - 6d for each value that is missing from the table that is in step 4.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- On the File menu, click Program Name Options.
- Click Customization, and then click All commandsin the Commands list.
- Click the command that you want, and then click Add to add the command to the Quick Access toolbar. For example, click Send for Review, and then click Add to add the Send for Review command to the toolbar.
- Click OK.
Method 3: Send the file as an attachment from your e-mail programAs a workaround, you can attach the Office file to your message from your e-mail program by browsing to the file location.
For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
ID článku: 918792 – Posledná kontrola: 20. 6. 2014 – Revízia: 1