- Even though no other computer uses the old computer name, you can still ping the old as well as the new computer name by using the following syntax:
- The IPCONFIG /ALL command still displays a name that matches your old computer name.
- If another computer running Windows NT or another operating system (with TCP/IP installed) has your old computer name as a computer name or DNS host name and you try to ping the other computer by name, ping still returns the IP address of your computer instead of the other computer.
IPCONFIG /ALL displays the DNS host name, not the computer name, and the host name has not changed.
To change your DNS host name:
- Run Control Panel and choose Network.
- Select the TCP/IP Protocol from the list of Installed Network Software and choose Configure.
- Choose DNS and edit the Host Name.
ID članka: 139055 – Zadnji pregled: 31. okt. 2006 – Revizija: 1