When you try to download an album from OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) or from photos.live.com, a new browser window or a new tab that contains http://download.live.com/photogallery appears. Then, you are prompted to download and then install Windows Live Photo Gallery again.
Note The expected behavior when you download an album is that the Windows Live Photo Download Wizard dialog box is displayed.
Diagnose and fix the problem automatically
This troubleshooter fixes many problems.Learn moreRun now
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To fix this problem, use one of the following methods:
Method 1Use the Repair option for Windows Live Essentials in Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Method 2Regenerate the registry key to inform Windows Live Photo Download Wizard which version of Windows Live Photo Gallery you are running. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey.
On 32-bit systems:On 64-bit systems:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version VectorHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version Vector
Note You have to create the Version Vector registry subkey if it does not exist.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type WLPG, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click WLPG, click Modify, type 3 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the following conditions are true:
- The computer is running Windows 7.
- The Photo Gallery folder exists under the following path: %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Live
- The WLPG registry value that is located in the registry subkey is not equal to 3 or does not exist.
- The MATS package regenerates the registry key to inform Windows Live Photo Download Wizard which version of Windows Live Photo Gallery you are running.
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package verifies that the registry was regenerated successfully.
Other issues that the MATS package fixes
ID članka: 2009298 – Zadnji pregled: 14. feb. 2017 – Revizija: 1