You can return most apps or games for a refund if they've been used 2 hours or less. If you can't get a return approved, try these actions.
- If you're not running Windows 10 Creator's update or later, update Windows. On Start go to Settings > Update & security > Windows update.
- Check your telemetry setting. If it's turned off, turn it on.
- Check your setting for Diagnostics and usage data. If it's set to Full or Enhanced, set it to Basic.
- If steps 1-3 were okay, wait a little while and try again.
- If it's a new game, or you just set up your Home console or offline PC, you'll need to wait 24 hours to request a refund.
If you still can't get your request approved, the app or game might not collect data we need to know use, (including zero use.) Only apps or games that collect usage data are eligible for refund.
Article ID: 4016615 - Last Review: 20 Mar 2017 - Revision: 3