Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- You may be unable to calculate some fields in Access 2013 if the computer has not been restarted for a long time (24 days, for example).
- When you open an Access Web App that contains very large data macros in Access 2013, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:There was a problem accessing a property or method of the OLE object.
- When you try to delete multiple columns from a table in Access 2013, Access may crash.
- Assume that you create an Access web app in Access 2013. An error may occur when you save the web app in the following scenarios:
- You add a new field, then you set the Index property to Yes (No Duplicates), and then you set the data type to Image.
- You add more than 32 new fields, and then you set the Index properties to Yes (No Duplicates).
- Updates Access 2013 to work correctly with design changes that were made to the Microsoft Forms ActiveX Control (FM20.dll) shared component library. For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:3025036 "Cannot insert object" error in an ActiveX custom Office solution after you install the MS14-082 security update
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2956176 for 32-bit version of Access 2013
- Download update KB2956176 for 64-bit version of Access 2013
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
- Start Access 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|