- You have a client that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You configure the wireless local area network (WLAN) connection to use Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol version 2 (PEAP-MS-CHAP v2) as the authentication method for an 802.1X connection.
- You click to clear the Automatically use my windows logon information check box.
- You connect to the configured Service Set Identifier (SSID).
- You receive an authentication prompt and then enter your credentials.
In this scenario, you receive the same authentication prompt again and have to enter your credentials two to five times before the connection is successful.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
ID članka: 2956701 - Poslednji pregled: 13.05.2014. - Verzija: 1