Note This is the last cumulative update for SQL Server 2008. Mainstream support for SQL Server 2008 ends on July 8, 2014. For more information about the lifecycle for SQL Server, check out the Microsoft product support life cycle information.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|2001908||2159286||FIX: The Remote Registry service crashes when an application tries to retrieve performance counter data from an instance of SQL Server on another computer||Management Tools|
|2323745||2567304||FIX: Text is truncated from the DTExec.exe output log file when WshShell.Exec is called if the StdOut stream is redirected||Integration Services|
|2445380||2926217||FIX: Performance problems occur when database lock activity increases in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2195342||2936984||FIX: "Failed to generate dynamic snapshot" when you call sp_MScreatemergedynamicsnapshot in SQL Server 2008||SQL service|
|2198069||2952260||FIX: New FILESTREAM Filegroup can’t be recognized when you alter a partition function with SPLIT RANGE in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2325034||2963408||FIX: Error 5180 occurs when you query BLOB column data in SQL Server 2008||SQL service|
|2325051||2963658||FIX: The TDE enabled database stops responding indefinitely on WRITELOG or LOGBUFFER wait in SQL Server 2008||SQL service|
|2444766||2966114||FIX: Incorrect results when you execute a full-text search with a phrase that contains a hyphen in SQL Server 2008||SQL service|
|2445488||2967240||FIX: Cannot reclaim free up space by using shrink operation in the table that contains a LOB column in SQL Server 2008||SQL service|
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2008 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2008 SP3.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
ID članka: 2958696 - Poslednji pregled: 19.05.2014. - Verzija: 1