Update informationA supported update is available from Microsoft Support. We recommend that all customers apply this update to their production systems.
Microsoft SupportIf this update is available for download from Microsoft Support, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Additionally, you can obtain the update from Microsoft Update or from Microsoft Update Catalog.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Known issues in this updateSynchronization service
After this update is installed, rules extensions and custom management agents (MAs) that are based on Extensible MA (ECMA1 or ECMA 2.0) may not run and may produce a run status of "stopped-extension-dll-load." This issue occurs when you run such rules extensions or custom MAs after you change the configuration file (.config) for one of the following processes:
In this case, the synchronization engine installer for this update intentionally does not replace the configuration file. This avoids deleting your previous changes. Because the configuration file is not replaced, entries that are required by this update do not exist in the files. Therefore, the synchronization engine does not load any rules extension DLLs when the engine runs a Full Import or Delta Sync run profile.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Back up the MIIServer.exe.config file.
- Open the MIIServer.exe.config file in a text editor or in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Find the <runtime> section in the MIIServer.exe.config file, and then replace the content of the <dependentAssembly> section with the following:
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168" newVersion="22.214.171.124" />
- Save the changes to the file.
- Find the Mmsscrpt.exe.config file in the same directory and the Dllhost.exe.config in the parent directory. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for these files.
- Restart the Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service (FIMSynchronizationService).
- Verify that the rules extensions and custom management agents now work as expected.
If you install FIM Reporting on a new server that has Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Manager Service Pack 1 installed, follow these steps:
- Install the FIM 2010 R2 SP1 FIM Service component. To do this, clear the Reporting check box.
- Install this hotfix rollup to upgrade FIM Service to build 4.1.3559.0.
- Run the change-mode installation for FIM Service, and then add Reporting.
- In the Administration menu, click All Resources.
- Under All Resources, click System Configuration Settings.
- Click the System Configuration Settings object, and then open the Properties windows for this object.
- Click Extended Attributes, and then select the Reporting Logging Enabled check box.
- Click OK, and then click Submit to save the change.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 Service Pack 1 (build 4.1.3419.0 or a later build) installed.
For BHOLD deployments, you must have hotfix rollup package 2934816 (build 4.1.3510.0) installed to apply this update.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply the Add-ins and Extensions (Fimaddinsextensions_xnn_KB2969673.msp) package. Additionally, you may have to restart the server components.
Replacement informationThis update replaces update 2934816 (build 4.1.3510.0) for Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2.
File informationThe global version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Fimaddinsextensionslp_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||3,916,800||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
|Fimaddinsextensionslp_x86_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||1,595,904||12-Jun-2014||00:53||Not applicable|
|Fimaddinsextensions_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||5,204,992||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
|Fimaddinsextensions_x86_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||4,659,712||12-Jun-2014||00:53||Not applicable|
|Fimcmbulkclient_x86_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||9,091,584||12-Jun-2014||00:53||Not applicable|
|Fimcmclient_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||5,563,904||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
|Fimcmclient_x86_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||5,194,240||12-Jun-2014||00:53||Not applicable|
|Fimcm_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||31,909,376||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
|Fimcm_x86_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||31,512,576||12-Jun-2014||00:53||Not applicable|
|Fimservicelp_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||12,185,600||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
|Fimservice_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||31,201,280||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
|Fimsyncservice_x64_kb2969673.msp||Not applicable||36,227,072||12-Jun-2014||01:02||Not applicable|
Issues that are fixed or features that are added in this updateThis update fixes the following issues or adds the following features that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
FIM add-ins and extensions
Issue 1After the FIM Password Reset add-in is installed in Windows 7, the "Create a Password Reset Disk" feature is available when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then you click Change a Password.
FIM Certificate Management
Issue 1When you try to remove a certification authority (CA) that is bound to Certificate Management (CM) by using the CLMutil -removeca command, you experience the following symptoms:
- Actions such as enroll, renew or revoke that are performed on certificates that are bound to the removed CA cause an exception to be returned.
- When you try to edit or remove a certificate template that was related to the removed CA, an exception is displayed on the CM portal.
Changes to the symptoms after you apply this update
- Actions such as enroll, renew or revoke that are performed on certificates that are bound to the removed CA cause a well-defined error message to be displayed.
- Removing a certificate template is possible. Removing the template for any removed CA is also possible.
- Changing a certificate template that is related to the removed CA causes a well-defined error message to be displayed.
Changes to the clmutil.exe tool after you apply this update
The following commands are added:
- Syntax: [-force] -decomissionca CA_ID
- Example 1: clmutil -force -decommissionca 1
- Example 2: clmutil -decommissionca 1
Note You may receive the following warning message when you run the clmutil command:There are outstanding certificates for CA 1, cannot decommission. Please use -force flag if you still want to decommission CA
- Syntax: -recommissionca CA_ID
- Example: clmutil -recommissionca 1
Note CA_ID can be obtained by using the following command:
When you change a profile template that references a certificate template that was originally hosted by a CA and that is marked as decommissioned, the following conditions are true:
- The CA is unavailable in the Add Certificate Template dialog box.
- Users who enroll in the profile template receive the following warning message that is displayed at the top of the enrollment screen:Note If the profile template includes certificate templates from a disabled or re-enabled CA, users will be unable to enroll in that profile template. This causes this same warning message to be displayed.The Certification Authority CA2.proseware.com\FIM CM CA cannot be contacted as it is marked as decommissioned.
- In the profile template properties, clicking a certificate template that was originally associated with a now-decommissioned CA displays all registered CAs that expose this certificate template. This lets the administrator select the appropriate CA.
Note If no registered CAs expose the certificate template, the list of CAs on the screen is blank.
FIM Synchronization Service
Feature 1This update includes ECMA 2.3. In this version, it is now possible to add custom schema pages that will be listed in the Synchronization Service Manager user interface. An example of how this feature is used can be seen in the Generic SQL connector.
Please be aware that the Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx.dll is updated in this update. See the "Known issues in this update" section for information about how to update the configuration files to reflect this change.
ID članka: 2969673 - Poslednji pregled: 17.06.2014. - Verzija: 1