- The Business Contact Manager button is missing from the Navigation Pane in Outlook.
- The Business Contact Manager option is missing from the Outlook Backstage under the File tab.
- In the Navigation Pane, Business Contact Manager folder icons will appear as normal Outlook icons.
- In Outlook Contacts on the Home ribbon, when you select a Business Contact Manager element in the Folder List, you do not see the Business Contact Manager commands on the Ribbon such as Mail Merge, Marketing, Assign To, Create Linked Business Contact as shown.
Outlook 2010 and 2013
- In Outlook, click File, Options, and then click Add-Ins.
- Find the Business Connectivity Services Add-In in the list of Add-ins.
- If the Business Connectivity Services Add-In is under the Disabled Application Add-ins section, do the following:
- Select Disabled Items, and then click Go.
- Select Addin: BCSAddin.dll, click Enable, and then click Close.
- Select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Enable the following Add-Ins:
Business Contact Manager for Outlook
Business Contact Manager Loader for Outlook
- Click OK.
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
You can also set the load behavior of the Add-ins in the Registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run. Type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkeys:
Note: The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node hive will be available only when Windows is 64-bit and Office is 32-bit. For more information see KB 2778964
- Right-click LoadBehavior, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 3, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.