Track your social media activity with a monitoring tool
While there are dozens of monitoring tools (free or paid), Wallbridge uses Jetpack, an add-on that gives him access to additional statistical information through his WordPress dashboard.
Some popular tools such as HootSuite or Sprout Social help schedule the delivery of your social media content. This allows you to take advantage of the best posting times for your customers. You can also track and report the results of your efforts. See sample dashboards below.
Key metrics for itgroove
While every aggregator or social media reporting tool is different, most of them monitor basic information. Here are some statistics that Wallbridge and Caughran track for itgroove, plus recommendations on how to improve these metrics for your own small business:
For a small business, itgroove has racked up impressive numbers in some areas, especially Twitter, YouTube, and SlideShare where they ranked in the top 2% of most viewed content on SlideShare in 2013. Wallbridge believes these higher numbers come from providing great content that meets real needs.
While some of the other numbers are lower in comparison, that doesn't worry Wallbridge, especially when it comes to blogging. "The leads we get from blogging are real opportunities that come from outside of our regular referral channels and can lead to thousands of dollars’ worth of work," Wallbridge says.
For more information about blogging and social media read these
- Learn 10 do's and don'ts of blogging.
- Want to know how to start blogging?
- Thinking about becoming a blogger? Here are: 3 reasons blogging may be good for your small business.
- Get expert tips: Social media 101.
- Find out how to: Make the most of your social media for your small business.
- 10 ways to engage on Twitter
- 10 ways to engage on Facebook
- 10 ways to engage on Google+
- 50 top tools for social media monitoring, analytics, and management
- 7 SEO tricks
ID članka: 2979688 - Poslednji pregled: 09.10.2014. - Verzija: 1