- You set up a Windows image file (WIM file) that is larger than 4 gigabytes (GB) on a device that is running an x86-based version of Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.
- You plug a power cord into the device.
- You enable BitLocker Drive Encryption to encrypt the data of the device.
- You put the device into sleep mode.
- You try to restart or wake up the device.
Note This issue does not occur if the device encryption finishes.
To resolve this issue if the issue already occurs, follow these steps .
Before you install this hotfix, check the prerequisites of the hotfix.
The update rollup fixes many other issues in addition to the issue that the hotfix fixes. We recommend that you use the update rollup. The update rollup is larger than the hotfix. Therefore, the update rollup takes longer to download.
Method 1: Windows Update for Windows 8.1This update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is installed automatically.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
Method 2: Update RollupThe following update rollup is available.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1Get update rollup 2995388
Method 3: Hotfix for Windows 8.1A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix, you must first install update 2919355 in Windows 8.1. For more information, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
How to resolve this issue if the issue already occursThe system will prompt you for a BitLocker recovery key. If you do not have a recovery key, see BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions.
The message that you receive resembles the following screen shot.
Pre-installation stepsFollow these steps before you install the hotfix or the update:
- Enter the correct BitLocker Recovery Key, and then click Continue.
- Click Advanced Options.
The "Automatic Repair" screen resembles the following screen shot.
- Click Troubleshoot.
The "Choose an option" screen resembles the following screen shot.
- Click Advanced Options.
The "Troubleshoot" screen resembles the following screen shot.
- Click Command Prompt.
The "Command Prompt" screen resembles the following screen shot.
- Select the account to run, and then enter the password.
- In a Command Prompt window, type manage-bde –off c:, and then press Enter.
- Check the decryption process by using a manage-bde –status c: command.
- When the value of "Conversion Status" becomes Fully Decrypted, type exit to go back to the menu in step 3.
- Click Continue to restart the computer.
- Install the hotfix or the update that is described in the "How to obtain this update or hotfix" section.
- Manually enable device encryption. To do this, follow these steps.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap or click Settings.
- On the PC settings menu, tap or click click PC and devices.
- On the PC and devices menu, tap or click PC info.
- In the Device encryption area under "Device encryption is off," click Turn on.
ID članka: 2997841 - Poslednji pregled: 01.01.2015. - Verzija: 1