- A user mailbox on Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 on-premises integrated with Lync Server 2013.
- A user mailbox on Exchange Server 2013 on-premises integrated with Skype for Business Online.
- Directory synchronization is required.
- This configuration is partly supported. See the "More Information" section.
- A user mailbox on Exchange Server 2013 on-premises integrated with Skype for Business Online through a Lync Server 2013 hybrid deployment.
- Directory synchronization and single sign-on (SSO) are required as part of setting up a Lync hybrid deployment.
- Connectivity with Exchange Web Services (EWS) provides the following functionality:
- Outlook integration
- OOF messages
- Conversation history
- High resolution contact photos
- Unified contact store
- Outlook Web App instant messaging (IM) and presence.
- Outlook Web App online meeting scheduling.
- Make sure that the Domain Name System (DNS) records for Lync federation and Lync client discovery are always configured so that Microsoft Outlook Web App can determine where the user’s Lync server is located.
- Make sure that Exchange Online has access to the user’s Lync SIP address. Exchange uses the Active Directory ProxyAddresses attribute to determine the user’s Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address. If the attribute doesn’t contain the user’s SIP address, Outlook Web App won't be able to connect.
- Make sure that Lync has access to the user’s Exchange email address. After you confirm this step, connectivity with EWS should begin to work.
- Add trusted applications.
Note This step applies to Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange hybrid customers who are trying to integrate with Lync Server 2013 or Lync hybrid deployments.
- Configure the on-premises Outlook Web App virtual directory. The configuration has to include the IM server name and IM type. After this step is complete, IM and presence should begin to work in Exchange Server 2013 Outlook Web App.
- In a Lync hybrid deployment, make sure that the on-premises Lync Server trusts the Office 365 authentication service.
|Lync and Exchange integration features||Outlook integration (EWS, MAPI)||Outlook Web App integration (IM/P)||Outlook Web App online meetings (scheduling)||Unified Contact Store||High-resolution contact photos|
|Lync Server 2013 only||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Skype for Business Online only||Supported||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Supported|
|Lync Server 2013 hybrid deployment with Skype for Business Online||Supported||Supported||Supported*||Supported*||Supported|
The following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles will help you troubleshoot specific features of Exchange and Lync integration. If you’re still having problems with any specific feature after you follow the steps in this article, see the appropriate articles in this section for more information.
Integration with Outlook and Exchange Web Services
- 2436962 "There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook. The email address used in your default Outlook profile is different" error message when you sign in to Skype for Business Online
- 2787614 Exchange Server or Exchange Web Services error messages when you try to sign in to Skype for Business Online
- 2298541 You’re repeatedly prompted for Exchange credentials after you sign in to Lync
Exchange Unified Contact Store and the Lync contact list
- 2859882 The Skype for Business Online contact list is empty or isn't available for users who have Exchange Online mailboxes
- 2435699 Contacts in Skype for Business Online appear offline or aren't searchable in the address book
- 2811654 Lync contact list is empty or read-only after a user's Exchange mailbox is disconnected, unlicensed, or moved
- 2757458 Users are unable to modify their contact lists in Lync 2010 and Lync for Mac 2011
Exchange high-resolution contact photos in Lync
- 2497721 User contact photos in Lync aren't displayed correctly
- 2860366 You can't upload a photo from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business Online
Instant messaging and online meeting scheduling in Outlook Web App
- 2565604 Can't schedule Skype for Business Online meetings, see presence info, or send IMs from Outlook Web App in Office 365
Artikel-id: 2614242 – senaste granskning 16 dec. 2016 – revision: 1