When the user tries to sign in to Office 365, authentication may fail, and they may get the following error message:
- The password change isn't yet synced to Office 365. It may take 15 minutes for the Microsoft Office 365 Integration Module (OIM) for SBS 2011 Essentials to sync the password change to Office 365.
- The password reset in Active Directory doesn't comply with Office 365 password policy. Therefore, the password change can't be synced to the user ID.
- The password was changed in the Office 365 portal or by using Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell. However, the password wasn't changed in SBS 2011 Essentials.
- Password synchronization from the OIM for SBS 2011 Essentials to Office 365 isn't working.
Note The OIM may take 15 minutes to sync user-account password changes to Office 365. Before you try any of these methods, wait at least 15 minutes after the user's password is changed to make sure that logon failure is not caused by this expected behavior.
Method 1: Reset the password in SBS 2011 Essentials instead of in Office 365Make sure that all password changes that are made by SBS 2011 Essentials users are performed only on the on-premises Active Directory user account. If this isn't the case, have the user reset the password for their on-premises Active Directory user account, and then wait 15 minutes for the changes to sync to Office 365.
Note: Make sure that password resets comply with the Office 365 password policy. For the latest Office 365 password policy information, go to the following Microsoft website
Method 2: Make sure that the OIM is installed and working correctly on the computer that is running SBS 2011 EssentialsIf the OIM isn't working as expected, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com) as an administrator, and then reset the user's password. For more information about how to reset a user's password in Office 365, see Reset a user's password.
- Have the user sign in the Office 365 portal by using their temporary password. Then, have the user change their password to match the password that is used in the on-premises environment.
Artikel-id: 2652040 – senaste granskning 16 dec. 2016 – revision: 1