Update detailsA security vulnerability exits in the way that folder permissions are set in certain Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac 14.2 installations. This update resolves that vulnerability.
Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 Update also includes the following improvements:
- This update fixes an issue where some OneDrive folders in Micorosft Document Connection are displayed as zero-byte files instead of folders. BUG #: 256016 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update provides critical updates for connection reliability with OneDrive. BUG #: 255991 (MacBU Main Bugbase)BUG #: 255998 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
Improvements for Excel for Mac 2011
- This update improves stability in Excel when you drag to move a PivotTable row or column. BUG #: 255956 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update fixes an issue in Excel where #REF is returned even when links are ignored. BUG #: 255148 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
Improvements for Outlook for Mac 2011
- This update fixes some issues where certain IMAP configurations repeatedly displayed “Cannot create mailbox,” “unknown namespace” or “1025” errors. BUG #: 255862 (MacBU Main Bugbase)BUG #: 255978 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook not to display details for certain contacts when Lync or Communicator is running. BUG #: 254798 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update fixes a problem that occurs when users reply to or forward Exchange email messages that were downloaded from Exchange 2007 servers. When this problem occurs, the Date field is missing from the body of the message.
To correct email messages that have already been cached, right-click the folder that contains the email messages, select Folder Properties, and then then select Empty under Empty Cache. Or, you can delete the Exchange account and then add it again to resynchronize the account. BUG #: 255848 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update fixes an issue where users may have duplication of mail when they use Gmail and connect with Outlook by using IMAP. This issue requires users to be subscribed to the Gmail All Mail folder and to have, move or copy rules that are triggered by new mail appearing in the All Mail folder. BUG #: 255859 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update fixes an issue where some users who have IMAP accounts intermittently receive a “Too many simultaneous connections” error. A setting is now available to control the polling interval that Outlook uses with IMAP servers.
To adjust this setting, select Tools, select Accounts, and then select Advanced for the IMAP account. The setting defaults to synchronize all lMAP folders every two minutes. BUG #: 255863 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
- This update fixes a connectivity issue that occurs when Outlook connects through a proxy server that uses NTLM based authentication. BUG #: 256031 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
Improvements to Word for Mac 2011
- This update improves Full Screen View integration with Word. BUG #: 255924 (MacBU Main Bugbase)BUG #: 256175 (MacBU Main Bugbase)BUG #: 255563 (MacBU Main Bugbase)BUG #: 255229 (MacBU Main Bugbase)BUG #: 256001 (MacBU Main Bugbase)
Previously released improvements included in this updateThis update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2011 updates since the release of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 Update . For more information about the improvements in a previous update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2598783 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update
2644347 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update
2685940 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.0 Update
2705358 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1 Update
2665351 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.2 Update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2011 14.2.3 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, you must install the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1 Update before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 Update.
To verify that the update that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, open Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.2.3 Update package now.
Release Date: July 10, 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer. Then, on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.2.3 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
Artikel-id: 2721015 – senaste granskning 25 feb. 2015 – revision: 1