Improvements that this update providesThis update update provides call control functionality for Optimized for Lync USB audio devices. Microsoft and the OEMs that make USB audio devices have verified that this update qualifies for the Optimized for Lync logo on most devices.
For a list of Optimized for Lync devices that work best with the Lync for Mac 2011 client, please contact your preferred Lync device partner.
A full list of qualified devices and device makers can be found on the following Microsoft website:
Phones and devices qualified for Microsoft Lync
Issues that the update fixesThe update fixes the following issues:
- 2793013 A user cannot start an encrypted desktop sharing or application sharing session together with a Lync for Mac 2011 user
- 2793011 An update is available that enables Lync for Mac 2011 to be supported in Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2793012 Video call or conference is stretched to a 4:3 aspect ratio when you use Lync for Mac 2011
- 2803796 "Lync was unable to sign in" error message when you try to sign in to Lync Online by using Lync for Mac 2011 in a Mac OS
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 update, make sure that you have Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.0 installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5, or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
- In the About Lync dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed. The version number should be 14.0.0.
Download the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 Update package now.
Release Date: January 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Artikel-id: 2778095 – senaste granskning 4 feb. 2013 – revision: 1