- You configure a quorum model to the file share witness resource on a Windows Server 2008 R2-based cluster.
- You have one of the following software applications installed in the cluster:
- EMC Symmetrix Remote Data Facility/Cluster Enabler (SRDF/CE) 4.x
- EMC MirrorView/Cluster Enabler (MV/CE) 4.x
- EMC RecoverPoint/Cluster Enabler (RecoverPoint/CE) 4.x
- Two sites lose network communications.
When two nodes lose communication, arbitration starts. After 60 seconds (the maximum failure time-out for the arbitration), node 2 (the challenging node) may bring other groups online while file share witness is still doing another round of arbitration. The design of EMC Cluster Enabler is that when the cluster brings the Cluster Enabler resource online, Cluster Enabler will make sure that the local disks are writable and that the local disks on the other site are not. Therefore, the disk on node 2 is marked as writable, and the disk on node 1 is marked as read-only.
However, if node 2 is cannot gain the quorum in 90 seconds (the death time for file share witness quorum), the cluster service on node 2 is stopped. This leaves a read-only disk on node 1, which causes a business outage.
cluster /prop QuorumArbitrationTimeMax=50
Artikel-id: 3006754 – senaste granskning 3 nov. 2014 – revision: 1