- Using the Summary.txt file as a reference, locate the path of the JOBS folder that's required by the Setup process, and then re-create the folder. For example, the Summary.txt may contain the following: Error description: The folder 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.ProdSQL\MSSQL\JOBS' does not exist. The folder is expected to exist to set permission on it. Examine why the folder does not exist and recreate it.
- Using the same Summary.txt file that's referenced in step 1, locate the uninstall command. For example, the Summary.txt file may contain the following:
- Open a command prompt, and then locate the directory that contains the upgrade setup media. For example, if you are upgrading from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2014, use the SQL Server 2014 setup media.
- Copy and run the command from step 2 at a command prompt in order to remove the partial installation. For example, to uninstall an instance that contains an instance ID of "ProdSQL" whose upgrade failed, run the following command:setup /q /action=uninstall /instanceid=ProdSQL /features=SQLENGINE,FULLTEXT,REPLICATIONNote When you run the uninstall command, this does not remove the original instance that you are trying to upgrade. It removes only the inactive/partial install of the new version.
- Run the upgrade process again.
Artikel-id: 3011867 – senaste granskning 22 juni 2015 – revision: 1