When you try to start a Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003 program, you may receive the following error message or an error message that is similar to the following:
Error 25090. Office Setup encountered a problem with the Office Source Engine, system error: -2147023836. Please open SETUP.CHM and look for "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve this problem.
This behavior occurs when the following conditions are true:
- Two people installed Office on the same computer.
- Both installations were completed by using the AllUsers="" parameter to set the installation for the installing user account only.
- When both people were prompted to remove files that were copied locally at the end of Setup, both people did not remove the files.
- One of the two people removed Office.
To resolve this behavior, start the Setup program for Office. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Microsoft Office 2003 CD in your CD drive or DVD drive.
- If the Setup program does not start automatically, locate the Setup.exe file on the CD, and then double-click the file to start Setup.
- After the Setup window appears, cancel Setup, and then respond to the prompts to exit Setup.
Artikel-id: 827467 – senaste granskning 29 okt. 2008 – revision: 1