When you try to upgrade Microsoft Office XP Students and Teachers edition to an upgrade version of a 2007 Microsoft Office suite, you receive the following message:
The path you have chosen does not point at a qualifying upgradeable product. Click 'Retry' to try again or 'Cancel' to quit setup.
This behavior occurs because Office XP Students and Teachers edition is not a qualifying product for the upgrade version of a 2007 Office product. When you install the upgrade version of the 2007 Office product, the search for qualifying products fails if the following conditions are true:
- Office XP Students and Teachers edition is the only Microsoft Office product that is installed on the computer.
- No qualifying Microsoft Works products are installed on the computer.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Run the 2007 Office Setup program.
- In the Enter your product key dialog box, type the product key in the Product Key box, and then click Continue.
- In the Locate your earlier Office dialog box, click Browse.
- If your version of Office is installed on a disk or on a network server, select that version in the Browse dialog box, and then click OK.
If your version of Office is on a CD or a DVD, insert the CD or the DVD in the CD or DVD drive, select Microsoft Office in the Browse dialog box, and then click OK.
- In the Locate your earlier Office dialog box, click Continue.
- When the 2007 Microsoft Software License Terms appear, remove the CD for the earlier version of Office from the CD drive or from the DVD drive, and then insert the 2007 Office CD.
- Click to select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement check box, and then click Continue.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install the 2007 Office system.
Artikel-id: 933567 – senaste granskning 12 sep. 2011 – revision: 1