No Sharing Button After Installing Internet Connection Sharing
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you install Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), the Sharing button may be missing from the Internet Options dialog box.
This issue can occur if the Inetcpl.cpl and Inetcplc.dll files are not version 5.00.2614.3500 or later.
To resolve this issue, extract the Inetcpl.cpl and Inetcplc.dll files from the Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type sfc.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click Extract one file from Installation disk.
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the Specify the system file you would like to restore box, and then click Start.
- In the Restore From box, type the drive letter and path to the Windows 98 Second Edition Soure CD-ROM folder.
- In the Save File In box, type the full path to the \Windows\System folder (eg. C:\Windows\System), and the click OK.
- Click OK to use the default backup folder when you are prompted.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-7, using the Inetcplc.dll file in step 3.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Windows 98 Second Edition.
Artikel-id: 236152 – senaste granskning 06/19/2014 05:57:00 – revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbnetwork kbprb kbui KB236152