When a subscription has been assigned on the VLSC and the subscriber requests the Assignment Email to be sent to them again, a workaround has been identified to retrigger the Assignment Email notification. Newly assigned subscriptions will generate the Assignment Email automatically.
When should users complete the steps described below?
- when users request a new Assignment Email notification
- when the notification is not sent for any reason.
Who should follow the steps below?
- Super Admins
When a subscription has been assigned on the VLSC and the subscriber requests the Assignment Email to be sent to them again, a workaround has been identified to retrigger the Assignment Email notification.
In order for the system to generate a new notification, it will be necessary to edit the subscriber’s email information once; and change it back to the original email on the same transaction. This will create an instruction that will automatically retrigger the notification, so the subscribers can obtain the Assignment Email again.
Follow the below instructions to resend the Assignment Email:
1. Visit the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and sign-in.
2:. From the VLSC Admin pages, click “Subscriptions” and then “Visual Studio Subscriptions”.
3. Click the “Agreement Number” associated with the Visual Studio Subscription.
4. Click the “Down Arrow” on the “Search” bar.
5. Search for the Subscriber using the “Email Address” field.
6:. From the “Results List”, click the “Last Name” of the Subscriber.
7. Click “Edit”.
8. Make an edit to the subscription: For example, remove a character from the subscriber’s email address - remove the “m” from .com. Click the “Save” button.
9. Once the information is saved, click the “Edit” button once again and correct the missing character from the email. Click "Save".
By doing this, the system will recognize that there were changes on the subscription and resend the Assignment email to the email listed on the portal.
Our Volume Licensing team members will be able to assist you by clicking here.
Alternatively, please use the "Contact Us" menu options available at https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/.
- Click "Account, Subscription and Billing Support"
- From the available "Category" choose "Manage subscriptions for my team"
- From the available "Category" choose "Visual Studio Subscription" (formerly MSDN) - For Your Company
- Click "Assisted Support"
You will be directed to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) help page.
Article ID: 4016128 - Last Review: 20 மார்., 2017 - Revision: 9