OverviewYou earn Internal-use rights (IUR) licenses for Microsoft software and online services when you join the Microsoft Partner Network by either subscribing to Microsoft Action Pack or by earning a competency.
You can choose any combination of on-premises software and online services to suit your needs (run your business, train your people, develop and test, and demonstrate to your customers) and change between them at any time, just like Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) customers.
In order to get started, you must:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Partner Network.
- Have a Microsoft Account ID that is associated to your Partner Organization on the Microsoft Partner Network.
- Be a member of an organization that is enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network.
To activate partner features and benefits for Microsoft Online Services (create and send trial invitations, purchase offers to prospective customers, and manage customers’ accounts using delegated administration) a partner must opt in to the Microsoft Online Services Partner Agreement (Exhibit C of the Microsoft Partner Network Agreement).
Access your IUR benefits
To access your organization’s IUR benefits, you’ll need download permissions. These can be granted by your Microsoft Partner Network administrator. The types of rights include:
- Software download: Ability to download software.
- View keys: Product keys and tokens for online services.
- View license statement: The organization’s software and online services license grants.
- Visual Studio subscriptions: Assign Visual Studio subscriptions to your developers so that they can use Visual Studio and other Microsoft software for development and testing, plus other subscriber benefits
Once you are signed in, you can check what rights your administrator has set up for you, or you can contact your program administrator to request rights.
Find my organization’s administrator
If you are a program administrator for your organization, learn how to assign the privileges required for access to software and cloud services.
Program administrator guide Program administrator guide
View your license statement
After receiving permissions to view your license statement, you can view your cloud IUR and on-premises IUR software through your license statement.
Summary of IUR BenefitsLicense table for Competency Partners
License table for Microsoft Action Pack Partners
Internal Use Rights cloud and software benefit
Microsoft Partner Network software licensing benefits FAQ