This article describes the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 Developer Pack and language packs for Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607), Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
The .NET Framework 4.7 Developer Pack lets developers build applications that target the .NET Framework 4.7 by using Visual Studio 2015, or third-party IDEs. This is a single package that bundles the .NET Framework 4.7, the .NET 4.7 Targeting Pack, and the .NET Framework 4.7 SDK. The associated language packs for Developer Pack contain the language-specific resources for the .NET Framework 4.7 and the .NET Framework 4.7 SDK.
This package installs the following components:
- The .NET Framework 4.7 Developer Pack (NDP47-DevPack-KB3186612-ENU.exe): Contains the .NET Framework 4.7, the .NET Framework 4.7 Targeting Pack, the .NET Framework 4.7 SDK, and the ENU IntelliSense.
- The .NET Framework 4.7 Developer Pack language pack (NDP47-DevPack-KB3186612- Lang>.exe): Contains the corresponding .NET Framework 4.7 language pack, the .NET 4.7 SDK Language Pack and the language IntelliSense.
- The .NET Framework 4.7 WPF features take a dependency on D3DCompiler_47.dll. By default, this D3DCompiler_47.dll isn't present in Windows 7 SP1, Windows 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows 2012 OS platform. Therefore, these OS platforms require D3DCompiler_47.dll to be installed for the .NET Framework 4.7 WPF features to work as expected. For D3DCompiler_47.dll install information details, see known issues article.
- This package should not be used if you intend to redistribute the .NET Framework. Instead, you should download the web installer.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services.
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about the .NET Framework 4.7, see the .NET Framework 4.7 known issues.
This version of the .NET Framework language pack installs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 language pack and earlier versions. However, it performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2 language packs.
Command-line switches for this update
For the information about the various command-line options that are supported by this update, see the "Command-Line options" section at the .NET Framework Deployment Guide for Developers.
You may have to restart the computer after you install this update. We recommend that you exit all applications that are using the .NET Framework before you install this update.
The .NET Framework 4.7 Developer Pack applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2016 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (x64)
- Windows 10 Version 1607 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (x86 and x64)
Article ID: 3186612 - Last Review: 2 మే, 2017 - Revision: 6