This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-8511 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-8512.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Office 2016 installed on the computer.
- Correct the month lengths for Chinese Lunar years from 2019 to 2050.
- Improve the translation of Float In, Float Up, and Float Down to be consistent in the Korean version of Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Update the tool tip of Outline View to match the command name in the Danish version of PowerPoint 2016.
- Improve the translation of the Outline button in the Korean version of Microsoft Project 2016.
- Improve the translation of the Milestone button in the Korean version of Project 2016.
- Improve the translation of Copy e-mail in the Serbian (Latin, Serbia) version of Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- Improve the translation of the AutoSum option Aggregate in the Finnish version of Excel 2016.
- Improve the translation of Forecast Sheet in the Finnish version of Excel 2016.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you try to search for individuals by using the Search People box in Microsoft Outlook 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2016 may crash.
- When you edit the document properties through the Info pane in Office 2016 applications, an incorrect content type is displayed in the edit properties form, and you can't save the property. This issue occurs if a SharePoint document library is configured to have both required metadata properties and multiple content types.
- After you use the Send as Attachment, Logon Account, or Details resource functions and then close Microsoft Project 2016, the project process (Winproj.exe) is still running.
- Applications that use the Access runtime close unexpectedly when you export a report to PDF.
- Fix an unnecessary line breaking of short (two or three characters) custom ribbon labels in Korean for Office 2016.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: June 13, 2017.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB3191881.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|
Help for installing updates: Windows Update FAQ
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Microsoft Secure
Local support according to your country: International Support
Propose a feature or provide feedback on Office Core: Office User Voice portal
Article ID: 3191944 - Last Review: 13 జూన్, 2017 - Revision: 16