We recommend that users install Office 2016 for Mac to have the latest and greatest features and support. To install Office 2016 on your Mac, go to Settings > Office 365 settings > Software in the Office 365 portal.
Technical Requirements for Office 2016 for Mac
OFFICE 2016 FOR MAC
- Requires Mac OS X version 10.10 or later.
- Exchange support in Outlook requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 or later or Office 365 for Business.
If you can't upgrade your Mac, Office 365 provides full access to its apps and services in the browser at portal.office.com. This includes Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, along with Skype and OneDrive for Business. See our system requirements for a list of supported browsers. Otherwise, you will have to either purchase a new device or continue using the now unsupported Office 2011 for Mac.
SKYPE FOR BUSINESS
- The Skype for Business on Mac client is publicly available as a stand-alone download.
- Skype for Business Server 2015 or Lync Server 2013 can be used with Office 2016 for Mac.
- Requires Mac OS X version 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
- Outlook Mac build 15.27 (161010) is required for Outlook integration.
To access the Office 365 portal and get Office 2016 for Mac, go to https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx.
Article ID: 3193406 - Last Review: 4 అక్టో, 2017 - Revision: 19