Keep your account more secure by changing your password regularly. It only takes a few steps.
- How to change your Microsoft password
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using your current password. If you forgot your password, either select Forgot my password and follow the steps. Or, for deeper account sign-in issues, see How to reset your Microsoft account password.
- Once you've signed in, select Security.
- Select Password security.
- Type your current password, then type a new password and type it again to verify.
- If you're still having trouble, see:
- If you're changing your password because you're worried your account was hacked or compromised, see: