If you aren't able to find your child's location on a map, try the following steps:
- Make sure you turned location settings on for your child
- See Find your child on a map to learn how to turn this on.
- Check the location setting on the device
- Make sure your child’s device has location turned on. The location setting on the device may have varying degrees of location accuracy, so make sure to choose the setting with the highest accuracy. For example, some will have a battery-saving location setting that uses Wi-Fi networks to find your location, which isn’t as accurate as GPS.
- Make sure Microsoft Launcher has permission
- Note: For Android devices only. If Microsoft Launcher doesn’t have permission to access location, you’ll see a banner notification at the top of your child’s device saying Launcher needs permission for certain features to work. Tap the notification and follow the instructions.
- If you don’t see a notification banner, swipe left from the home screen, and look for your child’s profile at the top of the feed. You’ll see a message if your child needs to turn the permission on. Tap on the message and follow the steps on the screen.