Event ID : 2011
Source : Srv
Description: The Server's configuration parameter "IRPStackSize" is too
small for the server to use a local device. Please
increase the value of this parameter.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
- In the right pane, double-click the IRPStackSize value.
NOTE: If the IRPStackSize value does not already exist, use the following procedure to create it:
- In the Parameters folder of the registry, right-click the right pane.
- Point to New, and then click DWord Value.
- Type IRPStackSize.
IMPORTANT: Type "IRPStackSize" exactly as it is displayed because the value name is case-sensitive.
- Change the Base to decimal.
- In the Value Data box, type a value that is larger than the value that is listed.
If you created the IRPStackSize value using the procedure described in step 4, the default value is 15. It is recommended that you increase the value by 3. Therefore, if the previous value was 11, type 14, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
If you are running Windows NT 4.0, and the problem persists after you complete the preceding procedure, you may have to apply Windows NT Service Pack 4 or Service Pack 5.
In Windows 2000, the default value of IRPStackSize is 15, and the range is from 11 to 50. In Windows XP, the default value for IRPStackSize is 15, and the range is from 11 to 50.
NOTE: The default and range of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is the same as that for Windows XP.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information, click the following article number about IRPStackSize to view the article about IRPStackSize in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
รหัสบทความ: 177078 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 22 พ.ค. 2013 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1