List of issues that are resolved
Issue 1Duplicate virtual machines (VMs) may appear in the SCVMM Administrator Console window after a Hyper-V VM in a cluster fails over to another cluster node. Additionally, the status for one of the duplicate VMs is set to Missing. If you try to remove the missing VM from the SCVMM Administrator Console window, the VM is not removed.
Issue 2Consider the following scenario:
- You install the Hyper-V role on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You configure the computer to start from a virtual hard disk.
- The computer is part of a Hyper-V failover cluster. The cluster is configured to use cluster shared volumes.
- You try to create a VM on a cluster shared volume by using SCVMM 2008 R2.
Issue 3The Virtual Machine Manager service (Vmmservice.exe) crashes if the following conditions are true:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 integration is enabled.
- A Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) feature-enabled management pack is imported into Operations Manager.
- The PRO settings for a host group are changed on the SCVMM server.
This hotfix rollup package includes also the hotfixes that are documented in the following SCVMM 2008 R2 hotfix rollup packages:
How to obtain this SCVMM 2008 R2 hotfix rollup packageThis hotfix rollup package is available on Microsoft Update.
To obtain this update from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on the SCVMM server:
- Click Start, and then select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click important updates are available.
- Select Update for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 (KB2308590), and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
How to update the SCVMM agent on the Hyper-V and Virtual Server hostThis update requires updating the VMM agent on the Hyper-V and Virtual Server hosts. The hosts will have a status of Needs Attention if the agent has not been updated.
To update the SCVMM agent on multiple hosts, follow these steps:
- Open the SCVMM Administrator Console window.
- Click Administration, and then click Managed Computers.
- Select the hosts, and then click Update Agent.
- Enter your user account credentials, and then click OK.
To manually download the hotfix rollup package from the Microsoft Update Catalog, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
To install this hotfix rollup package that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog on the SCVMM server, follow these steps:
- Extract the VmmServer64Update-RETAIL.cab file to a temporary directory.
- Open an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER to install the update: msiexec /update vmmServer64Update-RETAIL.msp BOOTSTRAPPED=1
Note The name of the package varies, depending on the version that was downloaded.
- After the hotfix rollup package is installed on the SCVMM server, update the SCVMM agent on the Hyper-V and Virtual Server hosts.
Hotfix rollup information
PrerequisitesYou must have SCVMM 2008 R2 installed.
Restart requirementIf the Virtual Machine Manager or Virtual Machine Manager Agent service is running when the hotfix rollup package is installed on the SCVMM server, you have to restart the computer.
Update replacement informationThis hotfix rollup package replaces the hotfix rollup package 982522.
|Binary||Version||File size||Time stamp||Platform|
|vmmAgent.msi(32 bit) (EVAL only)||2.0.4275.0||5793280||08-04-2010 17:01||i386|
|vmmAgent.msi(64 bit) (EVAL only)||2.0.4275.0||6422528||08-04-2010 19:34||x64|
|vmmAgent.msi(32 bit) (OEM only)||2.0.4275.0||7727616||08-04-2010 17:01||i386|
|vmmAgent.msi(64 bit) (OEM only)||2.0.4275.0||8356864||08-04-2010 19:34||x64|
|vmmAgent.msi(32 bit) (RETAIL only)||2.0.4275.0||7631872||08-04-2010 17:01||i386|
|vmmAgent.msi(64 bit) (RETAIL only)||2.0.4275.0||8260608||08-04-2010 19:34||x64|
|vmmAgent.msi(32 bit) (WORKGRP only)||2.0.4275.0||6954496||08-04-2010 17:01||i386|
|vmmAgent.msi(64 bit) (WORKGRP only)||2.0.4275.0||7584768||08-04-2010 19:34||x64|
รหัสบทความ: 2308590 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 15 ก.ย. 2010 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1