- The issues that the update rollup fixes
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup fixes
Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 983186 The mailbox alias of a user contains the "?" character unexpectedly after you run the "Enable-Mailbox" cmdlet to create a mailbox for the user in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2295902 An excepted occurrence is not excluded from a recurring iCalendar message for an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox user
- 2385017 You cannot edit public folder items even though you are the owner of the items in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2385194 You cannot connect to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox by using a MAPI application when a Mailbox server and a Client Access server are installed on different computers
- 2397171 You cannot reply or forward a large email message on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 2403783 An incorrect label is displayed in the date field in a public folder item when you open the item by using OWA in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2408924 The subject of an item is deleted when you use the "UploadItems" operation together with the "Update" action or the "UpdateOrCreate" action in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2409597 You cannot open a public folder item when the default public folder database for the mailbox database is unavailable in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2423776 The Exchange Information Store service crashes frequently during a public folder replication process on an Exchange Server 2010 public folder
- 2431500 You cannot connect to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox simultaneously by using Outlook Anywhere from several Windows XP-based computers
- 2433642 The "FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE)" command returns a corrupted file name of an email message attachment on an Exchange Server 2010 computer
- 2452075 You cannot connect to mailboxes in a recovery database on a server after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- 2458005 The Exchange Mailbox Replication service crashes when you use the "New-MailboxImportRequest" command to import a PST file to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 2458419 "A temporary change has occurred that requires you to connect to a different server" error message when Exchange Server 2007 mailbox users try to access their mailboxes by using an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server
- 2322161 The replay queue length on passive copies of mailbox databases in Database Availability Group continues to increase in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 982004 Exchange Server 2010 users cannot access the public folder
- 983492 You cannot view updated content of an Exchange Server 2010 public folder
- 983549 Exchange Server 2010 removes the sender's email address from the recipient list in a redirected email message
- 2467001 The MSExchangeTransport.exe process crashes or stops responding on a Hub Transport server that has Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installed
To download and to install Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, visit the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect Update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
You may want to deploy Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP1. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG). The update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Important information for customers installing the update on computers not connected to the Internet
When you install the update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests that connect to the http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CodeSigPCA.crl website. The network requests look up the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, the Exchange Server is not connected to the Internet. Therefore, each request must wait to time-out before it moves on.
To resolve this problem, disable “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” on the server that you are upgrading.
1. In Internet Explorer, select Tools , select Internet Options , and then click the Advanced Tab.
2. In the Security section, clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box.
3. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer if the computer was in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, recheck the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box.
Important information for Outlook Web App users about Outlook Web App customization
When you apply an update rollup package, the update process will copy over the Outlook Web App files if they are required. If you have changed the Logon.aspx file or other Outlook Web App files, the customizations are overwritten to make sure that Outlook Web App is updated correctly. After you apply the update rollup package, you must re-create Outlook Web App customization in Logon.aspx.
We recommend that you always make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files before you apply the update rollup. For more information about Outlook Web App customization details, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, visit the following Microsoft Website:
The following list contains prerequisites for the Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1:
- Install Exchange Server 2010 SP1 on the computer before you apply this update rollup.
- Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 before you apply this update rollup.
The required services are automatically stopped and then restarted when you apply this update rollup.
To remove Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then, remove update 2425179.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
รหัสบทความ: 2425179 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 31 ธ.ค. 2010 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1