- You run an application that opens a connection to a local cube in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Service (SSRS 2008 R2).
- The application opens and closes the connection several times when the application creates the local cube. For example, you run one of the following applications:
- You run Microsoft Excel to open and close a connection to a local cube several times.
- You run Microsoft Access to open and close a connection to a local cube when you switch between the pivot chart views of a table.
- You run the MSOLAP, ADOMD.NET or AMO provider in an application to manipulate a connection of a local cube.
- The application tries to close the last connection to the local cube.
When the last connection is released, the engine tries to unload itself. However, there are many race conditions between the thread that is closing the last connection and the other internal threads. Therefore, the application may crash.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 6. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
รหัสบทความ: 2483381 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 21 ก.พ. 2011 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1