This approach eliminates the need to download and run a separate .exe file for each Office product that you want to update to SP3. Similarly, if you are running Office products in more than one language, this approach significantly decreases the number of installations that you must run. Additionally, this approach reduces the time that is required to download and install the updates, and it saves bandwidth.
Because the installer updates many products, it may take a while to run the update. Make sure that you read the "Known Issues and Behavior Changes" section in this article for information about additional issues or behavior that you may encounter.
Which DVD do I need?
There are a total of six DVDs that contain all the SP3 fixes. Use the following guidelines to decide which DVDs you want to order:
- If you want to update server products, you have to choose between the 32-bit DVD and the 64-bit DVD. Each of these DVDs contains the SP3 updates in all languages for the 2007 Office servers and for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- If you want to update 2007 Office system products, you must select the DVDs from the following table that correspond to the languages of the products that are installed on your computer:
|Danish (da-dk)||Hebrew (he-il)||Greek (el-gr)||Arabic (ar-sa)|
|German (de-de)||Hindi (hi-in)||Estonian (et-ee)||Bulgarian (bg-bg)|
|English (en-us)||Japanese (ja-jp)||Finnish (fi-fi)||Czech (cs-cz)|
|Spanish (es-es)||Korean (ko-kr)||Kazakh (kk-kz)||Croatian (hr-hr)|
|French (fr-fr)||Thai (th-th)||Lithuanian (lt-lt)||Hungarian (hu-hu)|
|Italian (it-it)||Chinese (zh-cn)||Latvian (lv-lv)||Romanian (ro-ro)|
|Dutch (nl-nl)||Chinese (zh-hk)||Norwegian (nb-no)||Slovak (sk-sk)|
|Portuguese (pt-br)||Chinese (zh-tw)||Polish (pl-pl)||Slovenian (sl-si)|
|Portuguese (pt-pt)||Russian (ru-ru)||Serbian Latin (sr-latn-cs)|
|Swedish (sv-se)||Turkish (tr-tr)|
Note Most Office products include several files from other languages, and the main versions of Office can check the spelling and grammar in several languages. For example, the Greek version of Office (on DVD3) also includes the German, English, French, and Spanish proofing tools. Even though these additional languages are on DVD1, you will be fully patched if you install only DVD3. Therefore, you need only the DVDs that correspond to the main languages of the products that are installed on your computer. However, if you have the English version of Office installed and the Japanese version of Visio installed, for example, you must order both DVD1 and DVD2.
How do I obtain the DVD?
The DVDs are available only from the following Microsoft Volume License Service Center, per your existing customer agreement:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Known issues and behavior changesYou may experience the following known issues and behavior changes when you run the DVDs:
- Because the installer updates many products, it may take a while to run the update. Be patient, and wait for a message that states that the installation process is complete.
- If you install the update for server products, follow the typical deployment instructions, and do not run the PSConfig process until you update all the servers in the server farm.
- If you experience an error during the installation process, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for information about how to check the log files and about what the various error codes mean:954713 How to investigate and resolve update installation failures for Office 2010, the 2007 Office system, or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
For more information about this service pack, including a list of files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: