- Start your computer in Safe mode. To do this, restart your computer, press and hold down the CTRL key after your computer completes the Power On Self Test (POST), and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup menu.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Information.
- On the Tools menu, click System Configuration Utility to start the System Configuration Utility tool.
- In the System Configuration Utility tool, click Extract File.
- In the Extract one file from installation disk dialog box, type the name of the file that you want to extract, and then click Start.
- In the Restore from box, type c:\windows\options\install or type the custom location of the installation files.NOTE: Use c:\windows\options\install if you installed a Windows Me retail product, or c:\windows\options\cabs if your computer manufacturer installed Windows Me.
- In the Save file in box, type c:\.
- Click OK to extract the file, and then click Yes to create a folder for the extracted file.
- Drag the extracted file from the folder on drive C to the location of the file that you replaced, and then click Yes to overwrite the file.
- Restart your computer.
The specified file is protected and may not be copied or deleted.
You can extract files directly to the destination folder when you start your computer with the Startup disk.
The default source folder for Microsoft Windows installation files is the C:\Windows\Options\Install folder.
If you need to make a Startup disk to run Extract, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Startup Disk tab, click Create Disk.
Create a Manual Restore Point for System RestoreAfter you have extracted a file, create a manual restore point for System Restore so that the file you extracted is restored in case you use System Restore in the future. To create a manual Restore Point, follow these steps:
- Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
- Enter the description of your Restore Point and then click Next to confirm the creation.
- Click OK or Home.
รหัสบทความ: 265371 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 19 มิ.ย. 2014 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1