- Policy tips aren't displayed correctly when the conditions in the DLP policy are met.
- Messages aren't appropriately blocked by the DLP policy.
To have us fix the problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
- Use Registry Editor to remove existing DLP policies that are applied to Outlook 2013. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook 2013.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey:
- Delete the LastDownloadTimesPerAccount registry entry.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Start Outlook 2013, create a new message, and then type some text. When you do this, you force Outlook 2013 to download DLP policies.
- Check whether the problem is fixed.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
รหัสบทความ: 2823261 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 28 ธ.ค. 2016 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1