- Start the Recovery Console. If you do not have the Recovery Console installed, start it from the Windows XP CD. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Windows XP CD, and then restart the computer. If you are prompted, select any options that are required to start from the CD.
- When the text-based part of the Setup program starts, follow the instructions that appear on your screen. To select the repair or recover option, press R.
- If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the recovery console.
- When you are prompted, type the Administrator password.
- At the command prompt, type cd system32, and then press ENTER.
- Type ren kernel32.dll kernel32.old, and then press ENTER.
- Type map, and then press ENTER.
- Note the drive letter that is assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD. It is appears in a format that is similar to the following format:
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER: expand drive\i386\kernel32.dl_Where drive is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD). For example, type:Expand d:\i386\kernel32.dl_Note Include the underscore character after the "L" in Kernel32.dl_.
You receive the following message:
1 file(s) expanded.
- Type exit. The computer restarts.
- Remove the Windows XP CD, and then start the computer as you regularly do.
รหัสบทความ: 310396 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 22 ต.ค. 2008 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1