- Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer with Terminal Services enabled
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server-based computer with Terminal Services enabled
Before you install Office to the Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services computer, the computer must be configured as follows:
- Terminal Services is installed and enabled
- Terminal Services is configured for application server mode for multiple terminal server clients to run Office
How to install Office on a computer that is running Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabledTo install Office on a computer that is running Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 Server with Terminal Services enabled, follow these steps.
Note In Windows Server 2003, the everyone user group has to have read rights at the root to successfully start Office programs. (Typically, the root is drive C.) By default, the everyone user group is not allowed to read the content of drive C.
- Click Start, point to
Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs, click
Add New Programs, and then click CD or Floppy.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the root folder of the Office source location, click Setup.exe, and then click
Setup.exe is added to the command line that appears in the Open box of the Run Installation Program dialog box.
- Click Finish to run Office Setup.
- If requested, type your customer name and product key (CD key) information in the appropriate boxes, and then click
Note The Next button is not available until you type a valid product key.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, and then click
- Specify the location where you want to install Office, and then click Next.
- On the Choose which applications for setup to install page, click Next.
If you click
Choose detailed installation options for each application on the Choose which applications for setup to install page, and then click Next, the feature tree appears on the
Choose installation options for all Office applications and tools page. Because Office Setup detects that you are using Terminal Services, the only installation states that are available are Not Available and Run from My Computer. By default, some features are set to Not Available. Do not change the installation states of these features to Run from My Computer, because you may experience problems with the Office programs that use these features.
Warning By default, some features are set to Not Available to make sure that there is optimum performance in a Terminal Server environment, including the elimination of unexpected errors. Do not change the installation states of these features to Run from My Computer.
Note If your Office source location is an administrative installation, Run from Network is also displayed as an installation state.
- On the Begin installation page, click
- When you receive a message that the installation completed successfully, click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.
For more information about how to install and to customize Office 2003 on Terminal Services, visit the following Microsoft Web site:For more information about how to customize Office for Terminal Services, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
รหัสบทความ: 828955 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 22 ก.ย. 2009 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1