The following are some of the new features and capabilities that are included in Windows Media Player 11:
- New options for ripping your music: Windows Media Audio Pro and WAV (Lossless) formats
- URGE, from MTV Networks, as the featured digital music service
- Album art views for easier referencing when you browse through Artist, Album, and Song views
- The stacking of albums that share the same characteristics (for example, artist, genre, and year of release)
- Advanced audio fingerprinting to make sure that all your tracks are tagged appropriately
- Functionality that lets you create custom CDs
- A Media Sharing feature that lets you stream the contents of your library to networked devices
- New sync features
Minimum system requirements for Windows Media Player 11The following hardware and software are required to use Windows Media Player 11.
|Operating system||Windows XP Home Edition SP2, Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP2, or Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup 2.||Same as required configuration. Additionally, visit the Windows Update site, and then install any high-priority updates that are available for the computer.|
|Processor||A 233-megahertz (MHz) processor, such as an Intel Pentium II or Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor.||A 1.5-gigahertz (GHz) processor or faster, especially if you intend to synchronize video files to a portable device.|
|RAM||64 megabytes (MB).||512 MB or more.|
|Free hard disk space||200 MB.||60 gigabytes (GB).|
|Optical drive||CD or DVD drive.||CD drive for playing audio CDs.|
CD-RW drive for burning CDs.
DVD drive for playing DVDs.
|Modem||28.8 kilobits per second (Kbps).||Active broadband connection.|
|Sound card||16-bit sound card.||24-bit sound card.|
Compatible 5.1 multichannel audio sound card (for example, Creative Sound Blaster Live! or M-Audio Revolution 5.1) for playing multichannel audio content.
|Monitor||Super VGA resolution (800 by 600 pixels).||Same as required configuration, or a higher resolution.|
|Video card||Video card with 64 MB of RAM (VRAM) and DirectX 9.0b.||Video card with 256 MB or more of RAM, and DirectX 9.0b or a later version.|
For more information about DirectX, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
|Sound output device||Speakers or headphones.||5.1 multichannel speakers.|
For more information about device compatibility, see the documentation for the computer's sound card.
|Software||Microsoft ActiveSync is required if you are using a Windows Mobile-powered Pocket PC or Smartphone.|
For more information about the version of ActiveSync required for a device, see the portable device documentation.
|Same as required configuration.|
|Internet browser||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or Netscape 7.1.||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2 or Netscape 7.1.|
รหัสบทความ: 925850 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 11 มิ.ย. 2008 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1