If a user who is not included in the Access Control List tries to log on to the meeting, the user receives an error message that resembles the following:
- Log on to your Live Meeting account as the meeting organizer.
- Under Meet, click Schedule Meeting.
- On the Schedule Meeting page, click Access Control List: Only members of the account may be invited.
- In the Attendees box, type the users or the groups that you want to attend the meeting.
- In the Presenters box, type the users or the groups that you want to present at the meeting.
- After you complete the Schedule Meeting form, click Submit.
- Log on to your Live Meeting account as an Administrator or an Organizer.
- Under Manage, click Meetings.
- In the Subject column of the table that contains the available meetings, click the meeting that you want to change. This opens the Meeting Details page.
- Under Actions, click Meeting Options.
- Under the Entry Control, Presenters section, select Access Control List: Only members of the account may be invited.
- Under the Entry Control, Attendees section, select Access Control List: Only members of the account may be invited.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- If you use the Access Control List, and an attendee or a presenter clicks Click to add to your Outlook calendar in the meeting invitation, he or she must log on to Live Meeting before the meeting is added to the calendar.
- If you use the Access Control List for a Meet Now meeting, Live Meeting does not verify that the attendees or the presenters have a user account at the conference center.
- If you add an attendee or a presenter who does not have a member account or an organizer account at the conference center, you may receive the following error message when you use the Live Meeting web interface to schedule a meeting:This meeting cannot use an access control list because the following invitees are not in your account address book: Email@domain.com
รหัสบทความ: 938843 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 29 ส.ค. 2011 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1