Note The Data Protection Manager upgrade process may change the DPMDB. In such a case, we recommended that you have a backup of the original state of the DPMDB so that you can restore your Data Protection Manager 2007 server or Data Protection Manager 2010 Server if there is a disaster.
Method 1: Change the location where the DPMDB backup is stored
- Examine the size of the DPMDB. The default location of the database is %Program Files%\Microsoft DPM\DPM\DPMDB. If you have changed the location of the DPMDB, you can find it in the registry in the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Setup\DatabasePath
- Change the default backup location that is configured in SQL Server to a location that has sufficient space to back up the database.
To change the location, browse to the following location and enter the new path:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\ <MSSQL.n>\MSSQLServer\BackupDirectoryNote In this path, MSSQL.n is the instance number of the SQL instance that Data Protection Manager 2007 or Data Protection Manager 2010 is using. For example, MSSQL.2
- Run the upgrade again.
Method 2: Skip backing up the DPMDB when the update is installed
- Back up of the DPMDB. To do this, follow these steps:
- At the command prompt, run DPMBackup.exe -db. This is located at <drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin.
- In the console tree of the backup program, browse to \Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy\Database Backups. The file name of the Data Protection Manager database backup is DPMDB.bak.
- At the Windows command prompt, run the following command: <DataProtectionManager-KBID.exe> SKIPDBBACKUP=1 /l*v <logfile location>For example:DataProtectionManager2007-KB959605.exe SKIPDBBACKUP=1 /l*v c:\dpmkb959605.log
DataProtectionManager2010-KB2250444.exe SKIPDBBACKUP=1 /l*v c:\dpmkb2250444.log
รหัสบทความ: 972727 - การตรวจสอบครั้งสุดท้าย: 24 ก.พ. 2011 - ฉบับแก้ไข: 1