IMPORTANT: This article contains information about editing the registry. Before you edit the registry, make sure you understand how to restore it if a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
To view a list of other articles applicable to Fatal Exception 0E errors in Windows 98, click to view the following link:
Click here to view a list of Fatal Exception 0E in Windows 98 articles
To view a list of other articles applicable to Fatal Exception 0E errors in Windows Me, click to view the following link:
Click here to view a list of Fatal Exception 0E in Windows Me articles
Note An antivirus program is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus program is disabled.
For additional information about computer viruses, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it.
To resolve this issue, disable the Symantec Symevnt.386 file. To do so, follow these steps:
- Use Registry Editor to delete the following registry key, if it exists:
- Click Start, click Run, type
sysedit, and then click OK.
- On the Window menu, click System.ini.
- On the Search menu, click Find.
- In the Find box, type symevnt.386, and then press ENTER.
- Place a semicolon (;) at the beginning of the line that contains "symevnt.386."
- On the File menu, click Save, and then click Exit on the File menu.
- Restart your computer.
- After Setup has finished successfully, reinstall the Symantec program. If the problem continues to occur, contact Symantec for additional information.
The third-party product discussed in this article is manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
You can find additional information about updating Norton products at the Symantec Web site at:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Makale No: 189655 - Son İnceleme: 28 Ağu 2006 - Düzeltme: 1