Message recall is not successful if one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The recipient is not using Outlook.
- The recipient is not logged on to the mail service provider.
- The recipient is using Cached Exchange Mode and is working offline.
- The original message is moved from the Inbox. This can occur when rules are used.
- The original message is opened first and marked as read. This can occur when the message is displayed in the Preview Pane or Reading Pane.
Message recall and Outlook Cached Exchange ModeWhen you configure Outlook to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server mailbox, you have the option to use Cached Exchange Mode. Starting with Outlook 2007, Outlook uses an enhanced process for incoming email messages. As part of this enhanced process, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 synchronize items in a folder starting with the most recent items. If your Outlook client is configured to use Cached Exchange Mode, and you are offline (not connected), when you next connect to your Exchange server mailbox, email messages are processed from newest to the oldest. If you received an email message and a message recall while you were offline, when you connect, Outlook tries to processes the recall message before the original message is synchronized. In this scenario, the message recall fails.
How to recall a messageTo recall or replace a message, follow these steps:
- Locate the Sent Items folder.
- Open the message that you want to recall or replace.
- Click Actions on the ribbon or menu, and then click Recall This Message.
- Enable the Delete unread copies of this message option to recall the message. Or, enable the Delete unread copies and replace with a new message to replace the message with a new one.
- To receive a notification about the success of the recall or replacement, enable the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option.
- Click OK. If you chose the replace option, type your new message and send it.
Makale No: 197094 - Son İnceleme: 4 Eki 2012 - Düzeltme: 1