Microsoft Update installs this update if you have installed the Windows Live Toolbar or the MSN Toolbar 3.x.
If you have installed the Windows Live Toolbar or the MSN Toolbar 3.x, you can follow these steps to uninstall the Search Helper Extension 1.0 add-on in Firefox:
- Close all running instances of Firefox.
- If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows, open the following folder: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\firefoxextensionIf you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, open the following folder:%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\firefoxextension
- Delete the SearchHelperExtension folder.
- Start Firefox.
- In Firefox, click Add-ons on the Tools menu.
- In the Add-ons dialog box, verify that the Search Helper Extension 1.0 add-on is not there.
Note When you install the Bing Bar, the Setup program of the Bing Bar installs Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack. The Setup program of Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack installs the Search Helper Extension 1.0 add-on in Firefox to support the Bing Bar.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Makale No: 2237744 - Son İnceleme: 14 Haz 2010 - Düzeltme: 1