Show hidden devices command:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to
Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after each lineset devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1where %SystemRoot% is the folder in which Windows 2000 is installed.
- Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager, as required.
NOTE: You must first select show hidden devices on the Device Manager View menu before you can see devices that are no longer present in the system.
- When you are done troubleshooting, quit Device Manager, and then close the Command Prompt window. Closing the window clears the variable you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you use the Show hidden devices command.
An alternative approach, for developers or power users who need this feature enabled constantly, is to set this environment variable globally.
To have us set the environment variable globally for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- After you run the package, you must first select show hidden devices on the Device Manager View menu before you can see devices that are not currently connected to the computer.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
To do so, perform the following steps:
- Right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Environment Variables tab.
- Set the variables in the System Variables box.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
- Typical hidden devices, which are not displayed (non-Plug and Play drivers, printers, and so on).
- Phantom devices, which are not currently connected to the computer.
Makale No: 241257 - Son İnceleme: 23 Şub 2011 - Düzeltme: 1